Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The job hunt = Not so much a time...

I've been back in Toronto for almost a month now, and after spending the first week trying to organize my life at the new apartment, I got serious about the job hunt.

I knew it would be hard, I really did. But when I had people telling me it would take two, sometimes four months to find a job, that was a bit of a blow.

Two months is a long time, four months is brutally long. After one month, I'm already pulling my hair out in frustration, feeling disheartened and constantly trying to perfect a resume that I once thought was pretty darn good.

Part of my problem is that I'm a planner, always have been. And sometimes I laugh at myself for feeling this way, but sometimes I get ticked off that this lack of job situation is interfering in my ultimate life plan. Things aren't going as I'd planned and hoped.

I guess Lennon was right: Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Here's the thing, potential employers: I'm hard-working, I'm dedicated, I'm curious and my brain is always ticking when it comes to being creative. I'm going to work at something until I think it's as good as it can possibly get. I get excited about new projects and challenges, and I'm young and fresh-faced, ready to learn anything you're going to teach me. I love public relations, it's my passion, and all I want to do is contribute to your company as much as I can. Why not give me a chance to prove it to you? :)

I'm always open to suggestions/comments/being pointed in the right direction, so if you know of a job that might be of interest to me that I may have missed, please, don't hesitate to comment, or contact me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, anyway you can. I'm all ears. :)

Wish me luck. :)

1 comment:

  1. you'll find something soon - just keep in mind that on the employer side, it can take a month+ to get through a recruitment process from time of ad posting, getting resumes, interviews, selection and hire. So, its not you, sometimes its them :)

    ReplyDelete