Saturday, November 28, 2015

DIY: Gallery walls

I've written before about my love for Pinterest and how I've found some great recipes, creative home decor ideas and beautiful clothes and accessories. When I moved into my new apartment last year, which is twice the size of my previous apartment, I didn't know what to do with the giant 25 foot wall that ran from the front door to the living room window. How do you fill a space like that?

After much investigating on Pinterest, I discovered a recent home decor trend: gallery walls. I knew it was the solution to my long living room wall problem! I collected a bunch of prints, paintings and photos and bought a couple of big letters to include on my wall. Some of the prints were of my favourite sayings, the paintings were by one of my favourite artists in Toronto, and the photos were of some of my favourite people and I.


Once I had all of them framed and ready to go, to organize the artwork, I laid everything out on the floor, to help me visualize how it would be arranged on the wall. This helped a lot. But when it came time to actually hang everything, it wasn't really a one person job. Luckily, I had the help of my best friend and her husband! They saved my wall from lots of teeny tiny nail holes and helped make the arrangement great.


If you have a blank wall and you're unsure of what to do with it, consider a gallery wall! It's a great way to personalize your space and brighten up you walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment