Thursday, November 1, 2012

And so it begins...

Today is the first day of November. Now that Halloween is over, I know a lot of people whose countdown to Christmas has officially begun, and this year, I have to admit, I'm getting excited early. I usually try to hold off on Christmas excitement until the first of December, but for some reason, I'm getting on the bandwagon early. It might have something to do with the fact that I've just seen a tweet from Starbucks Canada telling me their delicious Peppermint Mocha is back in season...yum.

Anyway, the first of November also signifies something else. November is NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. I know a couple of people who have taken part in this in the past, and I always thought it was a neat idea, but since it's now November and I don't have a story idea, I've decided to take on a different, but somewhat similar challenge for myself:

Instead of writing a part of a novel every day, I'm going to write a blog post every day. It's a big challenge for me, because as you can see, I haven't been as active in blogging as I was earlier in the year. But, now that 2012 is winding down, I want to put a final push on and finish the year off with a flourish!

So. Every day in November, I'll blog about something. It might be a longer entry about Transatlantic Tastes, or my favourite place to get coffee in the city, or it might even just be a short, simple musing about something or other. Regardless, I will blog. Every. Single. Day. of this month.

Wish me luck!! (I think I'm gonna need it...ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment